First of all, we must know the 10 standards of high-quality suppliers, and then according to the standard to measure whether their newly added suppliers meet the standards, the suppliers just found no good or bad distinction. It is unrealistic to judge whether it is good or bad when you first come into contact with one person:
- Value + cost savings — The main motivation for buying a new technology or outsourcing service is to reduce costs. Therefore, whether or not the cost can be reduced is the most important, but the most important thing is the financial data of those indicators based on sales, such as sales growth or output, which reflects the ultimate value.
- Reliability — Today’s customers are increasingly demanding service standards. Therefore, in a sense, new technology or service providers must provide absolute high-value, which is no bargaining in the eyes of buyers. Room.
- Excellent quality — this is the minimum for a good supplier. In fact,Excellent suppliers often can actively exceed the customer’s requirements for it, in other words, the pursuit of excellence is a new feature of modern high-quality suppliers.
- Expertise and knowledge — Manufacturers and retailers increasingly demand that their IT or logistics providers provide services that are more industry or market specific. Suppliers with expertise in these professional capabilities will be very popular with customers and even be regarded as consultants.
- Problem-solving capabilities — Unpredictable problems and risks are objectively present in any supply chain. Therefore, whether suppliers are willing and able to resolve emergencies becomes an important measure. The ability to quickly resolve emergencies and flexibility is a bonus to the supplier.
- Continuous Improvement — Many companies want to be able to see the supplier’s product development plan to confirm that the supplier can continue to meet their development needs, which is especially important for wedding dress suppliers.
- Support — The scale of many companies is shrinking as they work more closely with suppliers, which means they rely more on suppliers for implementation, training, technical maintenance or related services. Providing full support has become as important as the technology or service itself.
- Culture — There is no doubt that customers are more willing to cooperate with suppliers with a healthy corporate culture and proactive attitude. Those suppliers who take customer interests as their priority and strive to achieve their goals and strive for excellence are particularly favored.
- Global – Since the supply chain already has global attributes, almost all companies are looking for technologies and services that allow them to engage and trade with trading partners around the world. Modern quality suppliers must keep up with this trend.
- Perfect Service — Perfect service is indispensable to good suppliers. Especially for third-party logistics (3PLs) and other logistics areas, suppliers who can provide high-quality full-service are very competitive. trend.
The above 10 standards are the most basic and important considerations for the selection of high-quality suppliers. The following five items are common characteristics of quality suppliers and are also worthy of procurement attention.
- Meet the requirements of laws and regulations — More and more industries are regulated by government laws and regulations, and these are increasingly complicated. Small mistakes can lead to large fines and even legal proceedings. As a result, there will be more demand for technologies or services that can handle issues such as security issues, trade regulations, labor disputes, and legal matters.
- Transparency — Nowadays, companies are not satisfied with the timely understanding of transportation, inventory, and order processing. They need to constantly obtain information from upstream suppliers and downstream customers in the supply chain.
- Integration Capabilities — For supply chain technology, it is important to be able to quickly and smoothly integrate with other systems. For example, third-party logistics, the requirement to integrate the supplier’s service to make it compatible with the partner’s system is constantly growing.
- Procedural — A high-quality supplier can help customer companies integrate best practices and efficient operational procedures into the company’s business modules.
- Growth — Quality suppliers themselves are a growing company that can follow the pace of development of their client companies and markets. Strong multinational companies are willing to form alliances with such suppliers.